Level Three Diploma in Playwork
What is the course about?
This course is designed for people who work and take an active part in the co-ordination and facilitation of the play environment for school aged children.
As a co-ordinator you plan, facilitate, supervise, evaluate, monitor and review all aspects of the play environment, organisation and all those involved to ensure the children are offered a wide range of opportunities and choice both on and off site of child led self-directed play.
What will I study?
This programme promotes the development of a wide variety of skills including practical, organising, networking, evaluating, self-reflection, marketing and management which are required for the consistent daily running of the playscheme to ensure a safe, secure yet challenging and stimulating environment that complies with the eight playwork principles and the National Benchmarking Assessment Framework seven Best Play Objectives.
You will be supported by professionally qualified tutors who will visit you in your workplace. To achieve the whole qualification you must prove competence in five mandatory units which include:
- Contribute to an organisational framework that reflects the needs and protects the rights of children and young people
- Reflect on and develop practices
Optional units must be chosen from a varied list of 12 units which includes:
- Work with colleagues in a team
- Administer playwork provision
- Manage a budget
How will I be assessed?
Observation in the workplace by a qualified assessor, followed by professional discussions and inspection of work produced, product evidence and submission of a portfolio of evidence showing practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
- To be working within a playwork environment that promotes and meets the assumptions and values of playwork as a co-ordinator/playleader
- To have a commitment to the playwork profession and be prepared to complete written work in your own time
Level four Playwork
Level four Management
For relevant workplaces Transitional Award to NVQ level three Children's Care Learning and Development