Speakers at sport and leisure careers event
21/05/2012 14:41 - Return to press releases
People who are considering a career in the sports and leisure industry can find out more at an event at East Riding College this month.
The free event will feature a range of speakers who will give delegates an insight into their working life, how they achieved what they have and what their aspirations are for the future.
It will run on Thursday, May 31, from 10am to noon at the campus in St Mary’s Walk, Bridlington, with lunch provided afterwards. There will also be an opportunity to find out more about the College’s Foundation Degree in Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences.
Sports tutor Paul Smith said: “This event is a great opportunity to hear from a really varied and interesting group of speakers about their experience of working in the sports and leisure industry.
“It is ideal for young people who are thinking about their future direction and adults who are considering a career change or making the step into higher education.”
The speakers are:
- Natalie Blades – NHS health trainer service manager
- Simon Sheldon – sport nutritionist
- Dan Connell – golf professional
- Adam Yhklef – University of Hull PhD student in coaching opportunities
- Lee Dolby – head of UK Deaf Sport
- Elliott Hakner – development officer for Sports Makers
- Jack Goodlad – former East Riding College higher education student of the year
Attendance at the event is free but delegates must register beforehand by calling Elaine Batten on 01482 306625 or emailing email@example.com
Notes to editors:
For more information on this press release, call Matthew Croshaw, marketing and communications manager, on 01482 306612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org