A level English Language and Literature
In this course, students are given a range of opportunities to study texts and practise producing their own writing for different audiences and purposes and to study prose, poetry and drama texts from a prescribed list. The course appeals to a wide range of students, offering the opportunity to examine and understand the English language and develop writing skills. Further and wider reading is essential and students should be prepared to read extensively throughout the course.
The course fee of £995 is for the 2 year course
For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
- Language, its use and effects in literary and non-literary texts
- Study of written and spoken texts
- Poetry, prose, drama and non-literary texts
- Creating texts for different audiences and purposes
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be through a combination of exams and coursework.
- Five GCSEs grade A*-C/ 4-9
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course and an initial assessment
Successful students may wish to progress onto higher education. Students often progress onto degrees in English Language and Literature.
This course may be free for anyone who does already hold a L3 qualification or earning under the national living wage annually (£18,525) or unemployed, regardless of their prior qualification level if they have not previously benefited from the NSF scheme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.