This course will be of interest to you if you have a strong interest in language and the culture of different countries. You will develop language skills to communicate effectively and confidently on different issues and concerns. The course will provide you with skills very much in demand for jobs in a global economy and would help with a career in teaching, translation and interpreting.
You can study this subject for one year and earn an AS-level or for two years and earn an A2-level.
What will I study?
- The changing nature of the family
- The ‘cyber-society’
- The place of voluntary work
- Aspects of French society
- How criminals are treated
- Artistic culture in the French speaking world
- Aspects of political life
- Study of French texts and films
How will I be assessed?
Assessment at the end of the course is through examination in:
• Listening, reading and writing
Five GCSEs grade A*-C/ 4 -9
This qualification will is ideal for a degree in French or a related subject.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.