This course will be of interest to you if you have a strong interest in language and the culture of different countries. You will develop language skills to communicate effectively and confidently on different issues and concerns. The course will provide you with skills very much in demand for jobs in a global economy.
This qualification would help with a career in teaching, interpreting and translation.
You can study this subject for one year and earn an AS-level or for two years and earn an A2-level.
What will I study?
The areas covered include:
- The changing nature of the family
- The ‘cyber-society’
- The place of voluntary work
- Aspects of Spanish society
- How criminals are treated
- Artistic culture in the Spanish speaking world
- Aspects of political life
- Study of Spanish texts and films
How will I be assessed?
Assessment at the ends of the course is through examination in
• Listening, reading and writing
Five GCSEs grade A*-C/ 4 - 9
A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment.
The course is ideal preparation for a career in teaching, translating or interpreting, or for a degree in Spanish.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.