This course will teach you the fundamentals of Adobe Illustrator, an industry standard software for vector graphics. On the course you will learn the fundamentals of the software and the skills to create vector illustrations. Used by designers for creating patterns, Illustrator allows designers to scale up to any size without losing quality.
What will I study?
- Introduction to the Illustrator environment
- Creating vector shapes
- Creating and amending a path
- The pen tool
- Colours and fills
- Strokes and fill effects
- Basic typography - outlining in text
- Grouping vector elements
- Isolation mode
- Pathfinder and compound shapes
- Using patterns
- Symbols and the symbol sprayer
- Incorporating bitmap images - linking files
- Saving Illustrator documents
- File formats and what format to use
How will I be assessed?
This is a non accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback and the student will leave with a basic complete, functioning website.
How will the course be delivered?
Tutor-led session using demonstration, opportunities to take notes, repetition and hands-on practice at a steady pace.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.