Level Three Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Apprenticeship
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills. An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional works in the hair industry, which is one of the largest, most trusted and fashion forward professions. They take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time, they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry. The work environment can be varied in size, style and ambiance, from a bespoke salon, the media industry, cruise ships, product houses and manufacturers to luxury high-end hair salon. They are highly skilled and experienced individual professionals who deliver hair fashion forward trends, which are innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
What will I study?
- Researches fashion forward trends
- Create a collection of hairstyle looks
- Precision and personalised cutting techniques, sectioning and cutting guidelines to achieve the required look
- Present a collection of hair looks
- Client consultation
- Smoothing and strengthening hair
- Advanced colour conversion (correction) and conversion
How will I be assessed?
Gateway Assessment -
- Discussion between employer and provider to agree if learner is ready for end assessment
End Point Assessment-
- Assessment method 1, Knowledge test (40 questions computer based closed response questions)
- Assessment method 2, Observation and questions
- Assessment method 3, Professional discussion
How will the course be delivered?
On Programme- including on and off the job training and assessment with day release teaching and practical training.
Level 2 Hair Professional or equivalent qualification.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.