Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Sales & Telesales
This course is ideal if your progressing in your career and have significant knowledge and experience. At this level you are required to demonstrate greater autonomy in completing tasks, organising activities and contributing to decision making.
What will I study?
This qualification covers all the essential principles and techniques of sales such as:
- Understanding how to operate in a sales environment
- Understanding the techniques and processes for effective selling
- Understanding the legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in the sales or marketing environment
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment.
You can also choose optional units to reflect your particular requirements and career path. These include:
- Understand business awareness in sales
- Principles of presentations and demonstrations in sales
- Principles of selling at trade fairs and exhibitions.
How will I be assessed?
This is a classroom-based qualification. All units are assessed through assignments.
There are no mandatory entry requirements for this apprenticeship framework. However, employers are looking to attract apprentices who have a strong interest in working in Sales or Telesales and who enjoy communicating with customers. They expect applicants to demonstrate a "can do" attitude and have basic numeracy, literacy and communication skills on which the Apprenticeship will build.
This qualification can help you to progress in a wide range of sales roles including:
- Building society manager
- Contact centre operator
- Credit manager
- Customer service assistant/Manager
- Estate agent
- Insurance broker
- Insurance business development manager
- IT Technical sales specialist
- Retail assistant/Manager
- Sales representative/Manager
- Store owner/Manager
- Travel agent
- Vehicle sales executive.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.