Level Two Beauty Therapist, Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship develops the skills and knowledge of people working in a range of roles in the beauty therapy sector in areas such as manicure, pedicure, skin care and massage.
What will I study?
- Provide waxing treatments
- Provide hand and nail treatments
- Provide foot treatments
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Provide make-up treatments
- Provide basic massage treatments
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
- Online tests covering knowledge and behaviours, values and communication and safe working practice.
- Practical observations in the workplace
- Verbal questioning
- End Point of Assessment:
- Online test multiple choice, up to 40 questions (has to be passed before practical)
- Practical EPA (minimum 4 3/4 hours to a maximum 5 hours)
- Verbal Q&A
How will the course be delivered?
- One day a week taught session
- Observation and training in the workplace
- Regular review and assessment
- Online training resources
No previous experience required
GCSE Grade C/4 or above desirable but not essential
Level Three Beauty Therapy.
Uniform and kit required (to be purchased through the college)
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.