Level Two Bricklayer Apprenticeship
This is aimed at people working as bricklayers carrying out tasks such as setting out basic structures, building brick and block walling, laying domestic drainage, placing and finishing concrete and rendering surfaces.
What will I study?
- Health and safety compliance
- Working safely at heights
- Carrying out repairs to a building
- Maintaining plumbing and drainage systems
- Maintaining electrical distribution in a building
- Maintaining plant, safety systems and equipment
- Energy, environment and sustainability practices
- Maintain the outside of a building
- Using specialist tools and equipment to carry out repairs
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through multiple-choice or short-answer questions.
How will the course be delivered?
- 1 day a week at college (taught and practical)
- Portfolio building
- Assessments in the workplace
There are no entry requirements.
Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management, across a wide range of sectors.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.