Level Two Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
This course offers the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in health and social care. You will have the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way. In addition, you will develop key skills that are highly valued by employers.
What will I study?
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding and protection for health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Common care disorders
- Creative activities in health and social care
You will also have the opportunity to complete placements in a variety of health and social care settings.
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports. There are currently no exams in this qualification.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade D / 3 or above
This qualification is graded A* - D. Progression onto Early Years and Health and Social Care courses, with at least a C grade, or apprenticeship/employment opportunities in the Health and Social Care fields.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.