CACHE Level 2 Understanding Domestic Abuse
The annual Crime Survey estimates that almost 2.5 million adults experience domestic abuse each year. In addition, one in five children witness or experience domestic abuse in their childhood. Although it is often an under reported crime, with most cases of domestic abuse kept hidden. The new Domestic Abuse Act 2021 makes prosecuting domestic abuse more straightforward, and offers more protection to those who are being abused, but cases still need to be identified and responses need to be effective. This qualification is for anyone who has a responsibility to respond to domestic abuse or support those experiencing domestic abuse. This includes employers, teachers, health and social care workers and anyone involved in safeguarding vulnerable adults, children or young people.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
What will I study?
- Understand domestic abuse
- Understand the signs and risk factors associated with domestic abuse
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse
- Understand policy, response, and intervention in relation to domestic abuse
- Aged 19+
To enrol on any of the above courses please contact: [email protected]
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.