Level Three Diploma Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
A range of teaching methods including tutorial workshops.
What will I study?
- The roles and responsibilities of learning support assistants
- Institutional policies
- Exploring a range of different learning needs
- Planning support
- Working with other people
- Providing support
- Using and adapting resources
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Reviewing and assessing learners' progress
- Evaluating support programmes and own practice
How will I be assessed?
Students will receive one-to-one support to build up a portfolio of work and will be observed and assessed in the workplace.
- The Level Two Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Applicants must have paid work as a learning support/classroom assistant or similar at an appropriate level of responsibility (minimum of two days per week)
- A formal interview or initial assessment to enrol for this course
- Employer support is required
- Further education
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.