Level Three Award First Aid at Work
A Health and Safety Executive approved course leading to a certificate of competence in First Aid at Work.
This qualification is designed for those wishing to become a Fully Appointed First Aider. The programme can be run flexibly to suit the employer. i.e. complete week or over 3 weeks.
This course will be offfered on 4 October, at the St Jame Centre, Hull, 9am to 4.3pm, Course Code PJ017/1C01
You can enrol online for this course after the 1 August 2022.
What will I study?
Areas of study will include:
- The Role and Responsibility of a First Aider
- Assessing an Incident and reporting
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Breathing Normally
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is not Breathing Normally
- Recognise and Assist a Casualty who is choking
- Managing a Casualty who is wounded and Bleeding
- Managing a Casualty who is in Shock
- Managing a Casualty with a Minor Injury
- Administer First Aid for a range of conditions, such as
- Broken back
- Head trauma
- Electrical shock
- Managing a Casualty for a range of major illnesses
- Implementing and assessing the First aid box and materials
This course is HSE accredited.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.