Level Three Award First Aid at Work
A Health and Safety Executive approved course leading to a certificate of competence in First Aid at Work.
This qualification is designed for those wishing to become a Fully Appointed First Aider. The programme can be run flexibly to suit the employer. i.e. complete week or over 3 weeks.
E-learning, blended learning or another other form of distance learning do not meet the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive in relation to employers having staff qualified in first aid. All East Riding College courses are delivered face to face.
This course is also available on 8 January 2019 or 3 April 2019 at Hull.
What will I study?
Areas of study will include:
- The Role and Responsibility of a First Aider
- Assessing an Incident and reporting
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Breathing Normally
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is not Breathing Normally
- Recognise and Assist a Casualty who is choking
- Managing a Casualty who is wounded and Bleeding
- Managing a Casualty who is in Shock
- Managing a Casualty with a Minor Injury
- Administer First Aid for a range of conditions, such as
- Broken back
- Head trauma
- Electrical shock
- Managing a Casualty for a range of major illnesses
- Implementing and assessing the First aid box and materials
This course is HSE accredited.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.