HABC & CIEH Level Three Supervising in Food Safety in Catering, Manufacturing, and Retail
An essential element of high food safety standards in any business is the ability to motivate, train and supervise staff to ensure they are competent food handlers. The relevant and practical style of the Level Three HABC/CIEH Qualifications will ensure that supervisors have the confidence to lead by example, encourage good hygiene practices and take appropriate corrective action to make sure that all food activities are safe. On achieving a HABC/CIEH Level Three Food Safety Qualification, competence to safely supervise others will also be demonstrated through a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
This course is also offered on June 2017.
What will I study?
- Food legislation
- Prevention of contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Food safety control
- Pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- The design and construction of premises
- Training staff
- Implementing food management safety
- Manufacturing inspections and audits
How will I be assessed?
Multiple choice examination - 60 questions
From this award a level four Food Safety in Management, with additional chance for progression to level 2/3 in HACCP awareness. As an employee or an employer this would ensure the way forward for management to necessitate the underpinning knowledge to ensure correct information is sent out to the staff and communicate all necessary requirements. To ensure food safe systems of work are maintained, monitored and reviewed and help retain future insurance of the production of safe food.
Potential employment opportunities ( Supervising Role)
- Catering chef, teachers, trainers, assessors
- Confectionary supervisor
- Health & Social Care supervisor or cook
- Manufacturing Line or team leaders, abattoir team leaders, production planner.
- Retail supervisor, deputy manager
- Sports &Leisure Supervisors
- Voluntary Work , Project workers, Team leader
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.