HABC Level One Award In Health and Safety
A basic introduction to Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification aims to provide candidates with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. This includes the hazards and risks presented in the workplace along with the relevant legislation, and ensures awareness of cost-effective, practical control methods. The achievement of this qualification will enable learners to work safely and to recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace.
What will I study?
This programme will cover the following:
- Health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Hazard and risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- Health, safety and welfare provisions in the workplace
- The importance of following safe systems of work procedures and rules
- Hazards and controls in respect to both safety and occupational health risks
- How your actions can reduce risks to health and safety
How will I be assessed?
The candidates are assessed by an examination of multiple choice questions.
Unfortunately if you fail the exam you will be able to re-sit at no extra cost.
Level Two/Three Health and Safety.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.