HABC Level Two Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
The aim of the HABC Level Two Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification aims to provide candidates with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. This includes the hazards and risks presented in the workplace along with the relevant legislation, and ensures awareness of cost-effective, practical control methods. The achievement of this qualification will enable learners to work safely and to recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace.
If you would like more information please contact Jaqui Graham [email protected] 01482 390982.
This course will be offered at our Hull campus, Wednesday 13 September, 9am-5pm,
What will I study?
This programme will cover the following:
- Health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Hazard and risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- Health, safety and welfare provisions in the workplace
- The importance of following safe systems of work procedures and rules
- Hazards and controls in respect to both safety and occupational health risks
- How your actions can reduce risks to health and safety
How will I be assessed?
The candidates are assessed by an examination of multiple-choice questions.
If you unfortunately fail the exam you will be able to re-sit at no extra cost.
There are no formal entry requirements.
You could progress to more advanced courses in health and safety, such as the NEBOSH Level Three General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.