HABC Level Two Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
At East Riding College we understand the pressures we are all under so to help in the right direction we will be offering this course at Half Price durin April and May. We want to help you get where you need to be
Whether you are an individual wanting to open your own café or a business that needs staff training updates, or you have decided to change your job role and need training to get you that ideal job, we are going to support you as best we can.
All courses are just one day with an exam, and all are accredited. We can also come to your site to train at your convenience
This course is available on the 12 April at St James Centre, Hull, Course Code PJ109/1 and 9 June at the Beverley campus, Course Code PF329/1 all 9.30am to 4.30pm.
If you would like more information please contact Jaqui Graham [email protected] 01482 390982.
What will I study?
This programme will cover the following:
- Health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Hazard and risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- Health, safety and welfare provisions in the workplace
- The importance of following safe systems of work procedures and rules
- Hazards and controls in respect to both safety and occupational health risks
- How your actions can reduce risks to health and safety
How will I be assessed?
The candidates are assessed by an examination of multiple-choice questions.
If you unfortunately fail the exam you will be able to re-sit at no extra cost.
There are no formal entry requirements.
You could progress to more advanced courses in health and safety, such as the NEBOSH Level Three General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.