HABC Level Two Award in Understanding Infection Prevention and Control in Health and Care Settings
This course is aimed at those who work in hospitals, care homes, schools and nurseries. It raises the awareness of minimising the risk of infection.
What will I study?
- Common healthcare-associated infections
- The chain of infection
- The importance of correct handwashing procedures
- Personal protective equipment role
- Linen management
- Decontamination process
- Blood and body fluids spill management
- Correct sharps management
- Waste management and associated risks
- Different roles and responsibilities within health and care settings.
How will I be assessed?
A multi-choise assessment at the end of the course.
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings (RQF)
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.