Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship
You must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair. You also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with your role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
What will I study?
- Professionalism and values
- Behaviours and communication
- Safe working practices
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair
How will I be assessed?
- Multiple choice online test for each unit
- End Point Assessment
- Synoptic practical assessment (6 hours)
- Q&A to demonstrate knowledge and understanding, including professionalism, values, behaviours, safe working practices and consultation skills
How will the course be delivered?
- One day a week taught session
- Observation and training in the workplace
- Regular review and assessment
- Online training
There are no entry requirements.
Uniform and Kit required (to be purchased through the college).
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.