Health and Safety: Stage 1 Certificate
Trained Safety Reps save lives. This course is the starting point
What will I study?
The modules you will cover are:
- Ensure you know your rights as a safety rep
- make you appreciate and use the trade union approach to health and safety
- Enable you to communicate with your members
- Teach you how to conduct a health and safety inspection
- Introduce you to key health and safety legislation
Learners on the stage 1 have to be elected/nominated trade union safety representatives in their workplace.
There are no other entry requirements.
Once you have completed the Stage 1 course you will progress onto the Stage 2 course, "Next Steps for Safety Reps". These take place on Thursdays every other term so you will need to plan your release in advance. You may also want to do the union reps stage 1 if you have a dual role in the workplace.
For further details on this course or an application form please contact:
Anne Farley 01262 455079 or Hazel Parker 01482 390965
East Riding College
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.