Health and Safety: Stage 1 Certificate
Trained safety reps save lives. This course is the starting point.
What will I study?
The modules you will cover are:
- Ensure you know your rights as a safety rep
- Make you appreciate and use the trade union approach to health and safety
- Enable you to communicate with your members
- Teach you how to conduct a health and safety inspection
- Introduce you to key health and safety legislation
Learners on the stage 1 have to be elected/nominated trade union safety representatives in their workplace.
There are no other entry requirements.
Once you have completed the Stage 1 course you will progress onto the Stage 2 course, "Next Steps for Safety Reps". You may also want to do the union reps stage 1 if you have a dual role in the workplace.
For further details on this course or an application form please contact:
Anne Farley 01262 455079 or Hazel Parker 01482 390965
East Riding College
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.