Level 3 Installation Electrician / Maintenance Electrician Apprenticeship
This Electrotechnical apprenticeship qualification meets the needs of learners in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who want to work as an electrician, installing systems and equipment, in buildings, structures and the environment within the Electrotechnical industry.
What will I study?
- Understand health, safety and environmental considerations
- Apply health, safety and environmental considerations
- Electrical scientific principles and technologies
- Understand design and installation practices and procedures
- Understand how to plan and oversee electrical work activities
- Organise and oversee the electrical work environment
- Understand terminations and connections of conductors
- Terminate and connect conductors
- Understand inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspect, test and commission electrical systems
- Understand fault diagnosis and rectification
- Apply fault diagnosis and rectification
- Understand the requirements for electrical installations BS 7671: 2008 '2015'
- Understand the requirements for electrical installations BS 7671:2018
- Apply design and installation practices and procedures
- Apply practices and procedures for maintenance
How will I be assessed?
Completion of AM2
How will the course be delivered?
Weekly classes to cover the requirements of the recommended qualification and most of the apprenticeship standard knowledge elements at our Beverley campus.
Visits to the workplace will be carried out to support and assess workplace competences, support the required consultative project and prepare the apprentice for End Point Assessment
Individual employers will identify any relevant entry requirements in terms of previous qualifications, trainability tests, or other criteria. Most candidates will have English and mathematics at level 2 on entry.
By the end of the apprenticeship the candidate will have satisfied the requirements for registration as Engineering Technician by the Engineering Council.
Additional training included:
- First Aid
This apprenticeship is one of six green apprenticeships hand-picked by industry experts to mark the Coronation in recognition of their sustainability credentials
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.