Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician, Level Three Apprenticeship
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments. Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings. Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies. They are able to work on their own proficiently and work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
What will I study?
- Principles, practices and legislation applying to electrical systems
- Installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings
- How to diagnose and correct electrical faults
- Planning and maintenance of electrical systems
- Health and safety, environmental and wiring regulations for electricians
English and mathematics at level 2
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.