Introduction to Counselling
The aim of this course is to:
- Develop understanding and use of counselling skills
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Develop self-awareness
- To enable progression onto counselling related courses
This course is available on Saturday 20 March 2021, Course Code K0252JPPB or Saturday 24 April, Course Code K0308GXPPB. You can enrol online for this course.
What will I study?
Students will :
- Develop their understanding of verbal and non-verbal counselling skills
- Develop their understanding of setting boundaries
- Develop their understanding of personal values and attitudes
- Develop their understanding of difference and diversity
- Develop their understanding of qualities necessary to a listening role
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Discussions; Role-play; Exercises; Use of Internet resources; Worksheets; Case Studies
No previous experience is required.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.