Introduction to Counselling
The aim of this course is to:
- Develop understanding and use of counselling skills
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Develop self-awareness
- To enable progression onto counselling related courses
This course is offered on Thursday, 17 February, 4pm to 8pm, Course Code PF320/1 or Friday 18 March, 10am to 2pm, Course Code PF321/1. both at the Beverley campus.
You can enrol online for this course.
What will I study?
- Develop their understanding of verbal and non-verbal counselling skills
- Develop their understanding of setting boundaries
- Develop their understanding of personal values and attitudes
- Develop their understanding of difference and diversity
- Develop their understanding of qualities necessary to a listening role
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Discussions; Role-play; Exercises; Use of Internet resources; Worksheets; Case Studies
No previous experience is required.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.