Introduction to Counselling
The aim of this course is to:
- Develop understanding and use of counselling skills
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Develop self-awareness
- To enable progression onto counselling related courses
This course can be attended at the Beverley site on Saturday, 25 September, 10am to 4pm, Course Code PF262/1 or Monday, 22 November, 5pm to 9pm, Course Code PF263/1 or online on Wednesday, 20 October, 12am to 4pm Course Code PD032/1 or Thursday, 9 December, 12am to 4pm, Course Code PD033/1.
If studying online Learners will need a device such as a laptop or PC or phone/iPad and a internet connection to take part. Ideally, devices will also have webcams for full participation. Learners will need to download the Teams app onto their laptop/PC or mobile phone/other device and devices will need to have a camera so that they can participate.
What will I study?
- Develop their understanding of verbal and non-verbal counselling skills
- Develop their understanding of setting boundaries
- Develop their understanding of personal values and attitudes
- Develop their understanding of difference and diversity
- Develop their understanding of qualities necessary to a listening role
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Discussions; Role-play; Exercises; Use of Internet resources; Worksheets; Case Studies
No previous experience is required.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.