Introduction to Drawing, Step 1 (Course Code K0343GXPEA)
What will I study?
- Develop your understanding of representational drawing
- Develop your understanding of practical drawing techniques
- Develop drawing skills through exercises
- Produce drawings related to individually chosen subject such as portraiture or landscape
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Demonstration; Discussion; One-to-one tuition; Practical exercises; Worksheets
- Induction to the course
- Exploring mark-making techniques
- Identifying basic shapes in objects and building form, practical exercise
Subsequent sessions will include:
- Planning and composition
- Focus on light and shade in representing three-dimensional objects
- Practice in area of interest
- Producing informed studies and final drawings
No previous experience is required.
You will need:
A3 sketch pads, pencils, graphite sticks, charcoal
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.