Introduction to Gel Nails
This course is offered on Monday 20 April, Course Code KO487GXPEA or Monday 1 June, Course Code KO487GXPEB, both at Beverley, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
To provide the knowledge and skills in the application and safe removal of gel nails.
What will I study?
- Study health and safety in the salon environment
- Learn how to prepare a work area for gel application and removal
- Learn how to prepare the nail ready for gel polish application
- Gain practice in applying gel nail polish and also removing the polish
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying gel nail polish on a client taking into account health and safety and the anatomy and physiology of the nail structure
How will the course be delivered?
There will be a wide variety of learning activities including observations, demonstrations, skills practice and presentations. This is an interactive course with opportunities to practice skills on other students in order to practice how to correctly apply gel polish to nails.
No prior knowledge is required.
Progression routes may be discussed with your course tutor. For further advice and guidance please contact the College Guidance Officers.
The tutor will want to find out as much as possible about why you want to learn and what you already know in order to plan a suitable programme. The content of the course will be discussed and you will be given further details about course materials and other learning resources. Any relevant paperwork will be discussed and completed at this session. Please bring a notebook and pen.
In the salon you will need to:
- Wear a uniform – black top and black trousers, full black shoes,
- Hair must be tied back
- No gel or acrylic nails (as working on each other for practice)
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.