Introduction to Psychology Step 1
The aim of the course is to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the nature of Psychology
- Explore contemporary issues from a Psychological perspective
- Develop self-awareness
- To enable progression onto Psychology related courses
Students will :
- Develop their understanding of the role that Psychology plays in everyday life
- Develop their understanding of current debates and issues in Psychology
- Develop their understanding of how Psychology can inform our own lives
- Develop their understanding of why people behave in the way that they do
You can enrol online for this course.
What will I study?
- Induction to the course
- Introduction to Psychological approaches
Subsequent sessions will include:
- Cognitive Psychology
- Behavioural Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Humanistic Psychology
- Psychodynamic Psychology
These sessions will provide you with the background for applying these approaches in Step 2
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Discussions; Case Studies; Exercises; Use of Internet resources; Worksheets.
No previous experience is required.
For current start dates please check the part-time course guide, online
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.