Introduction to Psychology Step 1 (Course Code K0311GXPEB)
The aim of the course is to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the nature of Psychology
- Explore contemporary issues from a Psychological perspective
- Develop self-awareness
- To enable progression onto Psychology related courses
Students will :
- Develop their understanding of the role that Psychology plays in everyday life
- Develop their understanding of current debates and issues in Psychology
- Develop their understanding of how Psychology can inform our own lives
- Develop their understanding of why people behave in the way that they do
What will I study?
- Induction to the course
- Types of psychological enquiry (i.e. clinical, forensic, occupational etc.)
- Using case studies to explore human behaviour
Subsequent sessions will include:
- Cognitive Psychology – what is the mind?
- Forensic Psychology – profiling a serial killer
- Social Psychology – why do people obey?
- Developmental Psychology – attachment and human development the role of survival
How will I be assessed?
This is a non-accredited course with no exam at the end but the tutor will monitor progress and give feedback.
How will the course be delivered?
Discussions; Case Studies; Exercises; Use of Internet resources; Worksheets.
No previous experience is required.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.