Leve Two Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the personcentred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times
Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
Course Code PD078/1
What will I study?
- Dementia awareness
- The Person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
How will I be assessed?
Your 2 workbooks will be internally assessed.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.