Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health - Online
Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan are an important part of maintaining overall well-being. This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management.
The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
What will I study?
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
How will I be assessed?
How will the course be delivered?
Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.