Level 7 CIPD Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management is a professional qualification based on the CIPD 2018 Profession Map and is an Advanced level qualification that is comparable to postgraduate level study. The programme is employer driven and aimed at real scenarios that learners may encounter in their future career.
This qualification further extends the disciplines and scope learned in the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management and is aimed at intensifying learners’ autonomy and judgement so that they can strategically lead and direct organisations and their people. It offers the opportunity for learners to influence people practitioners and organisations.
This qualification is aimed to inspire learners with a depth and breadth of understanding of people practice and management to furnish them with the insight and strategy development skills required to operate and lead in an organisational setting at this level.
It is suited to individuals who:
▪ are experienced people practitioners
▪ are working in a senior people practice role and wish to extend and deepen their skills and understanding to shape strategy, policy and people
▪ wish to shape people practice, creating value for a wider audience
▪ are currently leading and managing people and practice within organisations.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 21+ and although there are no formal entry requirements. CIPD membership will be essential.
The fee of £2247 is for one year only. Course Code PF332/1No1
What will I study?
To be awarded the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management, learners are required to successfully complete a total of eight units. These are shown below:
- 7CO01 – Work and working lives in a changing business environment
- 7CO02 - People management and development strategies for performance
- 7CO03 – Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen
- 7CO04 – Business research in people practice
- 7HR01 – Strategic employment relations
- 7HR02 – Resourcing and talent management to sustain success
- 7HR03 – Strategic reward management
- 7OS01 – Advanced employment law in practice
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is the process of evaluating an individual’s attainment of knowledge, understanding and skills. The CIPD will set assignments for all core units and the college will set the specialist and optional units based on guidance provided by the CIPD.
Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management
East Riding College is an approved provider of CIPD qualifications.
The CIPD has been championing better work and working lives for over 100 years. It helps organisations thrive by focusing on their people, supporting our economies and societies. It’s the professional body for HR, L&D, OD and all people professionals – experts in people, work and change. With almost 160,000 members globally – and a growing community using its research, insights and learning – it gives trusted advice and offers independent thought leadership. It’s a leading voice in the call for good work that creates value for everyone.