Level One Award in Accounting
AAT Access is a short qualification at Level one to develop business and finance skills. Through AAT access students gain a set of skills and understanding of accountancy which are required by every type of business from small local firms to large multinational companies. The course can be undertaken by students who wish to progress through the three levels of the AAT Education and Training Scheme to become accounting technicians.
This course will:
- Prepare an individual to understand how efficient working practices and personal development help a businesses succeed
- Give an understanding of basic mathematical concepts using financial data
- Identify different types of business documents and the right style of internal and external communication
- Record business transactions to process receipts and payments
What will I study?
The following units:
- Accounting in a professional environment
- Mathematics for accounting
- Creating business documents
- Essential accounting procedures
How will I be assessed?
In order to successfully complete the programme, participants will be expected to undertake a computer-based assessment at the end of the programme of learning which is marked automatically with a provisional result available immediately.
The nature of the course and the different work-experience of students make it difficult to define specific entry requirements.
Successful students may progress onto the level two courses in bookkeeping or computerised accounts, which the College runs.
All AAT learners need to register as an AAT student on the AAT website which does incur an additional annual AAT registration fee. Your tutor will provide more information on registering with the AAT once you are enrolled on the course or visit the AAT website www.aat.org.uk.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.