Level One Award in Computer Aided Design (CAD) Parametric Modelling
Level one is ideal if you are looking to work, or are just starting out, in the field of manufacturing or engineering design and need to gain skills in CAD.
The emphasis is on 'learning by doing' and for this reason candidates are required to complete a number of assignments. These show candidates' attainment of practical skills, which imply their understanding of the knowledge required.
If you are interested in this course please contact Lily Robson, Robsonli@eastridingcollege.ac.uk, 01262 455167.
What will I study?
The single unit includes:
- Use associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Use the range of commands to create and constrain sketches
- Use the range of commands to produce extruded and revolved features
How will I be assessed?
- The 7579 scheme is assessed on the satisfactory completion of the standard assignments and on-line test:
- Two practical assignments
- One multi-choice question test on-line
There are no entry requirements.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.