Level One Certificate in Introduction to Culinary Skills
You will be guided in all practical aspects of food safety and catering. You will also learn the practical skills of producing catering for the food industry, healthier foods and special diets. All practical sessions will take place in the College.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Food safety in catering
- Introduction to employability in catering and hospitality
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- Prepare and cook food by a variety of methods of cookery including baking, roasting, grilling, steaming, poaching and boiling
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
You could get employment in the catering and hospitality industry such as hotels, restaurants and public houses.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.