Level One Award in Health and Safety in the Construction Environment
The aim of this course is to provide delivery in a training environment and has been designed to:
- prepare learners to take further qualifications to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding within their chosen craft.
- fulfil CSCS training requirements for the new (2014) Labourer's card.
What will I study?
- The principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- The importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- The importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Risks to health within a construction environment
- The importance of working around plant and equipment safely
How will I be assessed?
Formative assessment & CSCS test.
Open to all wishing to gain a CSCS Green card.
Progression into employment or certificate in basic construction.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.