Level One Award in Health and Safety in the Construction Environment
This course will allow you to have the necessary qualification to obtain a green labourers CSCS card after you have passed the CSCS test (CSCS test is currently not available at the College).
You can start this course on Friday 20 January (course code: PS145/1N02), Friday 31 March (course code: PS145/1N03), Friday 16 May (course code: PS145/1N04) or Friday 21 July (course code: PS145/1N05)
If you would like more information prior to enrolling on this course or would like to study this course at Beverley or Hull please contact Simon Dallimore on 01482 390869 or email [email protected]
What will I study?
- The principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
- The importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
- The importance of working safely at height in the workplace.
- Risks to health within a construction environment.
- The importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
How will I be assessed?
A formative assessment, workbook and 1 online multiple-choice exam.
Sit the green labourers CSCS test
This course along with the CSCS will enable you to become a labourer.
If you have enrolled on a L1 Award in Construction course, please ensure you attend the college at least one week prior to the course start date to ensure that we can complete your exam registration.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.