Level One NCFE Award in Mentoring
This qualification allows learners to understand the role of a mentor and be aware of the skills needed to become an effective mentor. The aims of the qualification are to help learners to:
- Gain insight into the role and practice of mentorship
- Be clear about mentor/mentee relationships
- Ensure they follow good practice
- Be aware of the specific skills and understanding they will require in order to mentor
- Review their own learning and work performance
What will I study?
- Preparing for the role of a mentor
- Demonstrating mentoring skills
There are no formal entry requirements.
Following this course, progression could lead into Level Two Certificate in Counselling Skills or Level Three Diploma in Counselling Skills. Otherwise an Introduction to Teaching course may be suitable.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.