Level One Certificate Introduction to Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Settings
This course will provide a basic knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. You will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors.
What will I study?
- The range of service provision and roles within health and social care, early years and childcare
- The principles and values in health and social care, early years and childcare
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care, early years and childcare
- Introduction to communication in health and social care, early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports. There are currently no exams for this qualification.
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
This course is not a licence to care for children or adults, but with good attendance and completion of all course work and placement, you will be guaranteed an interview for Level Two Health and Social Care or Level Two Early Years Education and Care. There may also be an option of a traineeship, leading to an apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.