Level One BTEC Diploma in Public Services
This course is an overview of the public services and helps prepare you to advance onto further study such as the BTEC Level Two in Public Services. It is aimed at improving your fitness and introducing you to the skills and knowledge required to work in the public services.
What will I study?
- Public services careers
- Improving health and fitness in the uniformed public services
- Public services incidents
- Personal skills for the public services
- Working as a volunteer
- Map reading using Ordnance Survey
- Planning and participating in an event
- Assisting the public
- Introduction to expedition skills
- Public services group project
- Self-management skills
- Searching for a job
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
Level Two BTEC Diploma in Public Services or Level Two BTEC in Sport
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.