Level One Award in Basic Construction
This course is an opportunity to gain basic knowledge about construction materials and methods. It begins with the three-week Level One City and Guilds Building Crafts (Materials) course, with those successfully completing it progressing onto the Level One City and Guilds Building Crafts (Construction) course, which lasts for approximately four months.
What will I study?
Level One City and Guilds Building Crafts (Materials):
- Handle and store construction materials and components
Level One City and Guilds Building Crafts (Construction):
- Identify and select the correct materials, components and equipment to be used to carry out the work
- Set out construction components without error in accordance the given specification and work instructions
- Store construction materials and components
- Gauge and mix mortar, concrete and plaster
- Dispose of waste safely and in accordance with legislation and official guidance
- Cut, lay and fix construction components
- Cut and lay bricks and blocks to level and line
- Cut and fix wall tiles
- Cut and fix plasterboard
- Restore the work area on completion of the work activities
On successful completion of the level one course, you could progress onto the Level Two Diploma in Bricklaying.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.