UAL Level One Award and Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts
The UAL Level 1 Award and Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts provides opportunities for students to explore, develop and test their creativity while enhancing self-confidence and revealing the potential career demands and opportunities within the sector.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details Tel. 0345 120 0044.
What will I study?
As part of the qualification, students will be provided with:
- an introduction to the equipment and processes used in music, performing and production arts, and the skills necessary to record and express ideas
- an understanding of how contextual research is used to support creative activities
- an introduction to the communication skills used in support of creative activities and develop an understanding of the role that communication skills play in informing and developing ideas
- an opportunity to use acquired skills, knowledge and understanding to explore and resolve creative problems
- an opportunity to develop personal strengths in music, performing and production arts and to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
Two GCSEs grade E/2 or above to include English
Or an introductory diploma
The UAL Level 1 Diploma in Music, Performing & Production Arts is generally delivered over one year and will enable students to develop a portfolio of work that could support progression into a range of courses at Level 2.
To find out more about ERC Music, see our taster page or to arrange an informal visit and tour of the facilities please email:
[email protected], or call the tutor office on 01482 390971
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.