Level One Diploma in Electrical Installations
This is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry and employment. You will be working on practical assignments to enhance your skills to a high standard within the College workshops.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Wiring and terminals
- Fabrication techniques
- Electrical science and technology
- Structure of the construction industry
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation in the construction industry
How will I be assessed?
Each unit has an assignment and practical activity
- A minimum of two GCSEs grade D / 3 or above
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
Interviews for full time courses starting in September are postponed, but don't worry - applicants will instead be given a formal offer of a place on a suitable course. Other entry requirements still apply.
Where you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course you will be accepted.
Where you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, we guarantee you a place on a suitable alternative. See How to Apply for further details.
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or as a stepping stone into the construction industry in a related role.
You could progress onto courses such as the:
Level Two Diploma in Electrical Installations
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.