Level One Diploma in Electrical Installations
This is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry and employment. You will be working on practical assignments to enhance your skills to a high standard within the College workshops.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Wiring and terminals
- Fabrication techniques
- Electrical science and technology
- Structure of the construction industry
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation in the construction industry
How will I be assessed?
Each unit has an assignment and practical activity
- A minimum of two GCSEs grade C or above (4-5)
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or as a stepping stone into the construction industry in a related role.
You could progress onto courses such as the:
Level Two Diploma in Electrical Installations
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.