Level One Diploma in Plumbing
This is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry and employment. You will be working on practical assignments to enhance your skills to a high standard within the college workshops.
What will I study?
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Laying underground domestic drainage
- Bending and jointing copper pipes
- Connecting pipes and fittings to appliances
- Installing rain water goods
- Removing and refitting water-filled radiators
- Structure of the construction industry
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation in the construction industry
How will I be assessed?
- Each unit has an assignment and practical assignment
- A minimum of two GCSEs or above (4-5)
- Or Level One Certificate in Basic Construction
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or as a stepping stone into the construction industry in a related role.
You could progress onto courses such as the:
Level Two Diploma in Plumbing
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.