Level One Diploma in Beauty Therapy
This course offers training in skills as an introduction to the beauty therapy industry and provides a nationally recognised qualification from the City and Guilds awarding body. This course is ideal for those who perform the duties of a junior or assistant in a salon.
What will I study?
- Skin care
- Applying basic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Nail art
- Providing basic manicure treatment
- Providing basic pedicure treatment
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Salon reception duties
- Art of photographic make-up
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene You may apply for any related previous learning and experience to be accredited to your studies
A more advanced course, such as the:-
Additional mandatory qualification:
- Personal social development
This mandatory unit is designed to enable learners to identify their strengths, skills and achievements so they can be aware of different job opportunities open to them, complete application forms, prepare for job interviews and to assess the suitability of different jobs functional skills.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.