Level One Diploma in an Introduction to Travel and Tourism
The diploma is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. While on the course you will gain work experience in New Horizons, the College's fully functioning travel agency, which will support your assessments
What will I study?
- The UK travel industry
- The UK tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Locational geography.
Optional units cover a range of specialisms including:
- Accessible travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism itineraries
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- The role of overseas resort representatives
- Providing information on a tourism destination.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work (practicals and theory) and observation of tasks and activities.
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
This course prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go onto a more advanced course such as the Level Two Certificate in Travel and Tourism
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.