Level One NVQ Certificate in Beauty Therapy
This is an introduction to Beauty Therapy, providing a stepping-stone to Level 2 Beauty Therapy or Level 2 Apprenticeship.
This course runs across 3 days per week in college and may include and evening 2 days or 70 hours additional for work experience.
Course Code Bridlington PS203/1 and Beverley PF338/1
What will I study?
- Prepare and maintain salon and treatment work areas
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risk to health and safety
- Assist with facial skin care and treatments
- Assist with nail services
How will I be assessed?
Observation on clients.
Oral questions/evolve assessment, written work such as assignments and research themes.
How will the course be delivered?
- Home study
- Online learning
- Competition work
- Work experience
- English and Maths (if you haven't achieved a grade 4 or above)
A minimum of 2 GCSE's at grade 2 ideally including English and Maths.
Or Skills for Life qualification
Or entry level three qualification
Level 2 Beauty Therapy
Level 2 Beauty Apprenticeship
You will need to purchase a Uniform that must be always worn in the salons.
Purchase a kit order form will be given to you when your place is secured on the course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.