Level One NVQ Certificate in Hairdressing and Barbering
This is an introduction to Hairdressing, providing a stepping-stone to Level 2 Hairdressing or Barbering you choose your route.
This course runs across 3 days per week in college and may include and evening 2 days or 70 hours additional for work experience.
Course Code Bridlington PS202/1 and Beverley PF337/1
What will I study?
- Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Blow dry hair
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Assist with hair colouring and lightening services
- Plait and twist hair using basic techniques
- Assist with shaving services
How will I be assessed?
Observation on clients.
Oral questions/evolve assessment, written work such as assignments and research themes.
How will the course be delivered?
- Home study
- Online learning
- Competition work
- Work experience
- English and Maths (if you haven't achieved a grade 4 or above)
- A minimum of two GCSEs ideally including English and maths
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or Entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
Level 2 Hairdressing
Level 2 Barbering
Apprenticeships in hair or barbering
You will need to purchase a Uniform that must be always worn in the salons.
Purchase a kit order form will be given to you when your place is secured on the course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.