Level One Sports Leader Award
Whether you are already involved with sports leadership, or whether it is an area you want to move into, this short programme is the first step to gaining a formal recognised qualification.
You may be already involved as a parent-helper with a school or Saturday sports club, a youth activity organiser, involved in early-years and care activities or working within a sports environment.
What will I study?
1. Establishing leadership skills
Identifying the skills and behaviours needed lead others
Using leadership skills effectively
Acting as an official in a sport / physical activity
2. Plan, assist in leading and reviewing sport/physical activity sessions
Planning and structuring including sport /physical activity
Leading a structured and inclusive sport / physical activity
Reviewing a sport / physical activity session
How will I be assessed?
- Practical observation – video/photos can be used to support this
- Questioning of underpinning knowledge - via worksheets
- Plans and evaluations completed during the course
How will the course be delivered?
Learners will be expected to continue their studies outside college time to ensure that all the required theory is covered using resources supplied by the College.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.