Level One VRQ Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery
This course is designed as an introduction to working in the hospitality and catering industry. You will have the opportunity to work in a busy kitchen environment, restaurant and bar.
What will I study?
- Practical skills training classes
- Theory work to support your practical evidence
- Food preparation, cooking and production - this is carried out in the College restaurant kitchens
- Food and drink service - this is carried out in the College restaurants
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed with a range of 8 practical tasks and two synoptic practical tests and 5 written assignments and complete short answer questions
You will achieve the following qualifications:
Level One VRQ Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking
Level One VRQ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service
Level Two Award in Food Safety in Catering
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Or Skills for Life qualification
- Or entry level three qualification
- Or equivalent
You could get a job in the hospitality and catering industry. You could work in a hotel, restaurant, public house, or a canteen. You may even work at sea. Most of our students enjoy the Level One Diploma in Introduction to Cookery course and progress to the Level Two Diploma Professional Cookery
You will need to purchase a uniform from the College supplier.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.