Level Three AAT Diploma in Accounting (Advanced)
This course starts on Monday 10 September, in Beverley, Tuesday 11 September in Bridlington, or 14 September, 9.00am to 4pm in Hull.
This AAT diploma develops knowledge and understanding gained on the certificate course, it is suitable for students who have successfully completed the certificate.
The Level Three Diploma in Accounting (Advanced) qualification will build upon skills gained at level two with the introduction of:
- Complex accounting tasks, for example preparing final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Cash management techniques
- Costs and revenues, learning how to maintain cost accounting records and preparation of reports
- Indirect tax and completion of VAT returns
- Financial spreadsheets
- Professional ethics in an accounting and finance environment (studied at level two - apprenticeship route)
What will I study?
The following units:
- Accounts preparation
- Prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Costs and revenues
- Spreadsheet software
- Professional ethics
- Indirect tax
How will I be assessed?
In order to successfully complete the programme, participants will be expected to undertake a computer-based assessment for each module of learning. Most assessment are marked automatically with a provisional result available immediately. Plus additional synoptic assessment.
AAT Level Two Certificate in Accounting (Foundation)
Evidence of previous accounting/finance study to level two
Currently employed for two years in an accounting/finance role
The AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting, which the College runs.
All AAT learners need to register as an AAT student on the AAT website which does incur an additional one off admission fee plus an annual AAT registration fee. Your tutor will provide more information on registering with the AAT once you are enrolled on the course or visit the AAT website www.aat.org.uk.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.