Level Three Access to Higher Education Diploma ( Health Science) Nursing Pathway
The aim of this full-time course is to enable mature learners to gain entry to higher education, particularly onto health, nursing and science related courses. The Level Three Access to Health Science Professions programme provides an entry qualification to a range of undergraduate programmes and degrees at local and national universities.
The course is fast paced and will normally be timetabled for approximately 12 hours per week, usually across 2 days for the full academic year.
What will I study?
You will cover a range of key skills, such as academic writing, research skills and referencing. You will also study the following subjects:
- Academic, personal & professional development
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used, typically including assignments, presentations, essays and examinations.
How will the course be delivered?
This course will be delivered through a series of lectures, seminars, group discussions and presentations.
- Good level two (GCSE) skills with at least a minimum of three GCSEs at C or grade 5 or above to include English Language or English Literature (as an individual subject). You must also hold a Level Two Maths qualification (either GCSE grade C or Grade 5 or equivalent). In addition GCSE Science may also be required for some career routes
- Level Two Diploma in Progression and GCSE English at grade C or grade 5 above plus a level two maths qualification.
- For people whose first language is not English, you must have GCSE English at grade C or grade 5 or above or IELTS 7 (International English Language Testing System)
- In addition a range of evidence will be considered when assessing the potential of an applicant to succeed on this course, such as life skills, previous employment, prior achievements and professional qualifications
Interviews for full time courses starting in September are postponed, but don't worry - applicants will instead be given a formal offer of a place on a suitable course. Other entry requirements still apply.
Where you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course you will be accepted.
Where you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, we guarantee you a place on a suitable alternative. See How to Apply for further details.
A variety of degrees and other higher education courses, including the College’s range of HNCs, HNDs, foundation degrees, degrees and teacher training courses.
This qualification is awarded by CERTA.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.