Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy
These apprenticeships develop the skills and knowledge of people working in a range of roles in the beauty therapy sector in areas such as manicure, pedicure, skin care and massage. The advanced apprenticeship builds on the skills and knowledge learnt in the intermediate apprenticeship but also prepares you for running your own salon.
What will I study?
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Providing body massage
- Providing massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Providing Indian head massage
- Providing stone therapy treatments
- Providing facial electrotherapy treatments
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress onto higher education, such as our Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate in Hair and Beauty Management.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.