Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
This apprenticeship aims to develop the skills and knowledge of people working in a variety of roles in the leisure industry, such as gym instructors, personal trainers and similar positions.
What will I study?
- Advanced knowledge of exercise and fitness subjects
- Principles of progressive training and professionalism
- How to plan a progressive programme which meets the goals and needs of an individual
- How to perform and analyse fitness related tests
- How to provide basic and appropriate nutritional advice
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
Higher Education courses such as a Foundation Degree in Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences or employment.
Job roles may include Personal trainer, exercise instructor, fitness gym instructor, studio coordinator
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.